Keeping your website current and up to date is vital in ensuring it continues to function as it should and of course stays protected from vulnerability and attack. The WordPress landscape is constantly changing as technology continues to advance. Therefore, as part of our SiteCover website management program we run all necessary updates to your website each month.
With web technology evolving so rapidly it’s imperative to ensure your website framework and plugins are kept up to date. Additionally, outdated websites are also more prone to vulnerability and attack.
WordPress website maintenance
Throughout the course of each month your website is updated to ensure effective operation:
- Your WordPress website framework is updated (where required)
- Your WordPress plugins are updated (where required)
- Your security settings and log files are reviewed and your website files scanned for malicious code
- Any SPAM comments on your website are removed
- Your WordPress website files and database are backed-up and stored securely offsite
- Your website settings are checked and adjusted where necessary